1.17.2010

ignorance

Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.
-Robert Quillen

I have found another flaw; my ignorance. I am not sure if ignorance is brought on by youth or by fear. I am not afraid to learn, but my youth tells me other wise. Why learn now? I have plenty of time to learn from my mistakes. This is true. I have many years to grow into myself and shape the person I know I am, but my lack of diligence is becoming less of a flaw and more of a hindrance. I am not only hurting myself, but those around me. This is something that stops today. I'm not saying that this post has erased every ounce of ignorance I have, but it has hidden it. I will always be ignorant in some way, but I will not let it show; there's no reason to. The effect of ignorance in a discussion does led to an argument, and arguments are mistakes (things I have been trying so hard not to let happen). My youth will no longer justify my wrong doings. I am ignorant by youth, which makes me ignorant by life. I have not lived long enough to bear the weight of absent knowledge, but today I have changed; at least controlled the anger fueled trained named Ignorance.

-Erica Rae

0 comments:

Post a Comment

let opinions out here.